Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog Purpose

It has been a whirlwind day of information and learning to navigate this Google Blogger.  It has been a bit overwhelming at times and exciting at other times.  I have played with the layout and templates making a mess out of things but finally, I think Pam has taken me to a place where I can begin writing. 

It is with some trepidation that I venture out with my writing.  As an educator, I am keenly aware of how critical some can be regarding overall writing skills.  I would hope that those interested in following my blog will look past any imperfections/errors to see the message that I bring.

I have created Resources that will link you to sites for the National Silver Alert bill, Silver Alert History (with a list of States actively participating), Project Life Saver, and Medic Alert (which I have known as Safe Return).  If interested, these resources can give you further detailed information regarding information I will address from time to time.

After my husband's death, we donated his brain for research to the Sports Legacy Institute in Boston, Mass.  You will see Dennis' biography which is posted on the donor page for the Institute.  SLI is one of the leading research programs for studying concussions as they have impacted athletes (particularly football players).  In my blog I will share with you what the pathology report indicated regarding Alzheimer's.

And finally, I have included a nice article that was in the Houston Chronicle.  A good friend and neighbor contacted the paper and suggested they do an article regarding the challenges we faced as a couple.  The weekly feature was highlighting various love stories. This interview and followup article came soon after Dennis had spent nine weeks in the hospital with numerous near-death events. I find great comfort in reading this now that Dennis has passed.

I don't have an organization plan in mind.  I hope to start in the beginning (2001) trying to recall the various stages of dementia and the challenges/rewards that came along the way. And if all goes well, you will know why I called this blog 'What I have learned about Love, Faith, Hope and Alzheimer's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts or questions here: